Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Story of my Life- Part 2

When i got to Romblon, everything changed big time! From living the life to witnessing the simple life my dad, my step-mother whose a total bitch btw and their 4 kids had. I stayed there for 3 miserable years and it was during those years that i felt tormented and really torn emotionally, mentally, physically and socially. It was those 3 years that somehow caused me to have the broken soul that I am now trying to mend.

My life in Romblon was close to hell. It was only my siblings and some true friends who I was clinging to for some glimpse of hope. I felt abandoned by my own dad since i could feel no support from him as he was totally in-love with my whore of a step-mom. I, on the other hand was close to being the house helper with all the daily chores I had to complete.

It was when I was in 3rd year that I just felt so ALONE. It was my birthday and I didn't have any birthday greeting from anyone. It was when I started to question life. It was when i started looking for a mother's love. I was just so down at that point that i got into stuff like smoking and drinking and being too attached to friends. My friends who to me was my only family.

But miracles do happen. In my 4th year in high school, I regained communication with my mom. Then she started supporting me financially. It was my chance to leave Romblon and live my life the way i want it. After graduating from high school I didn't really go to college right away as I had a lot of missing documents. For a year, I traveled to places like Kalibo, Ilo-ilo and Bacolod. It was in 2006-2007 that i went back here in Manila. At the age of 15, I was living by myself and at the age of 18 I started working. Until now, i haven't finished my studies yet since I don't even know who I am or worse what it is that i really want. I wasn't able to establish my identity and my self-esteem. I did and saw things differently. My heart and soul were scarred so bad it's now hard for me trust or even believe people. My past experiences somehow emulated who i am today.

Then 2009, all the empty holes in me were filled by the greatest family I've had. A1 and A2, Alkie and Armand. It is true that all the right things fall into place at God's perfect time. And I couldn't be more thankful and happier. However, going back to the origin of this story, I still need to do a lot of reflection and this Lenten season is just perfect for it. A reflection to help me realize who I am and what I want and I know for a fact that with my boys being there for me, it'll be a lot easier. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment