Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sore Eyes: Blessing in Disguise

The last time that I have been a full-time housewife was when I have just given birth to the love my life, Alkie. For the first two months, I was hands-on with all things Mommy. It was a gratifying experience and I love it that I was able to breastfeed him and take care of him my way but due to financial difficulties, I had to get back to work. For almost 3 straight years of working, it was only this week that I felt for the second time how it is to be a full-time housewife.

April 02 was my first working day of the month and I was ecstatic with my new schedule which is 10am to 7pm. My 1st time in 3 years to be working on a pretty humane and normal schedule. But as unwanted as it is, I was hit with sore eyes. I didn't like it at all since i was using my sick leave credits in vain and the fact that it's Holy Week means it's double pay. But I also realized that it was timely due to the fact that our babysitter/house-help left a week ago.

I'm really not the type to be complaining or whining too much so I thought to myself if I can't be productive at work then better be productive in the kitchen. I started with cooking pasta for my boys and some Filipino beef steak for dinner. I'm glad that my in-laws loved it. Other than that, I was finally able to do some intensive cleaning in our room and organize our closet the way I like it. But most importantly, I'm thankful for being able to spend time with my boys especially my little one.

My little one and I have gone out for an exclusive picnic date and I'm just savoring my every minute with him. I also get to teach him the basics in preparation for his 1st year in school this coming June. This coming Easter Sunday, we will have our crafts day by painting some faux Easter eggs hoping to bring out the creative side in him. And as the week is nearly ending and my sore eyes is almost healing, what I thought would be a long, boring week is now something i wish would not come to an end. 

Oh.. a week is actually not enough for all things fun and creative. I've jotted down some of the things that i want to accomplish before the week ends such as revamping this site which apparently I haven't done or decorating our room and such. I have 3 days left and I surely wanna make the most out of it and I can only do that if I get off this keyboard NOW. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment