Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How do you find your passion?

How do you find your passion?
There comes a point in our life when we question the career that we have. We ask ourselves if we are at the right job, doing the right thing. Well, that's exactly what i'm going through right now. (Disclaimer: I do not intend for this blog to turn into a hate blog full of rants.) I'm just thinking maybe there's someone out there who is going through the same phase right now.

I am thankful that I have a job that helps me support my family most especially my baby boy. It's not just plain luck that got me into this prestigious company that may not have the best compensation and benefits but sure is better than other companies. But at the end of the day, I ask myself.. Is it really just money that drives me to work? I try to think of some other things that serve as motivation for me but sadly, apart from 1. my friends 2.the pay 3.the really cozy facilities and 4. the stability of the institution, there's nothing else that I could think of. I know that the factors mentioned above should be good enough but for someone as adventurous and ambitious as i am, i just feel like, there should be more to this than just this. I am not complaining, as I have mentioned earlier I am really thankful but wouldn't it be nice if you go home with a smile on your face and a satisfaction that you were to do something involving your skills and talent? I guess.. I just answered my question.. I need a job that is less than a job and more of a passion.

But just how exactly do you find your passion. Btw, to lessen the confusion, i work in a call center. And there's nothing wrong with working in a call center.. it's just not me. I have taken three courses already from Broadcasting to Associate in Arts to Information Technology with the hope that i may be close in discovering just exactly what it is that i wish to do. But i end up getting frustrated because i just can't feel the fire with any of those courses that I have taken. I've turned into blogging thinking this might help me in finding what it is that i wish to pursue in life.. I know i'm getting there.. i know it's a long process.. i'm just scared that i'm wasting my years settling for less.

For the year 2012, i plan on trying things that I have never did before. Maybe in the process of knowing more people and going to different places i might just find the answers to my never-ending questions. Who knows, maybe it's just there in front of me and i can't see it yet.. Or maybe i need to know myself more to realize where i excel, what my skills are. So far, blogging gives me bliss. It's pretty healthy and it keeps me sane from the stress of the real world. Or maybe, you're reading this right now.. and you know how it feels.. and maybe you can help me solve the riddle.

So.. it all boils down to one question: How do you find your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment